• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Changing icons on LauncherPro Plus dock bar

hdevine

Nov 28, 2009
I have the dock bar configured on my Droid Eris with the default icons, but I have changed the default application for each (i.e. the message icon opens Handcent instead of the default messaging app). However, I'd like to have the icon be the app that its actually running. How can I do this? I tried long-pressing the button and selecting "Change Icon" from the menu, but I can only use either the default LP icons or I can pick a picture from the Photo album. I'd really like to have the Handcent icon for the messaging button, etc.

Any ideas? I've seen a few threads on here where people have changed them, but none mention HOW they've changed them.

Thanks,
Harry

com.handcent.sms

Upvote 0
or you can do a google image search and set the size of image search on the left to 96x96 pixels, 72x72, or 48x48 and type in "handsent" and "png", you can filter the results by colour on the left in the google image search as well, so if you just want blue icons, filter by blue, and search for all images 72x72 pixels and the word 'handsent'.

or look on this site, there are thousands.
Icon Search Engine - Download 299,964 Free Icons, PNG Icons, Web Icons

save the icon (use the png format ones) to your sdcard, long press on the existing icon on the dock, choose change icon, find your downloaded icon and your done.

and of course there are the ones here:
http://launcherpro.droidicon.com/icons

Upvote 0
I have the dock bar configured on my Droid Eris with the default icons, but I have changed the default application for each (i.e. the message icon opens Handcent instead of the default messaging app). However, I'd like to have the icon be the app that its actually running. How can I do this? I tried long-pressing the button and selecting "Change Icon" from the menu, but I can only use either the default LP icons or I can pick a picture from the Photo album. I'd really like to have the Handcent icon for the messaging button, etc.

Any ideas? I've seen a few threads on here where people have changed them, but none mention HOW they've changed them.

Thanks,
Harry

Can you not simply change the icon by replacing it with the app you wish to use? Pick Change shortcut and you will be taken to Select shortcut then Applications. From there you can pick Handcent. It will then ask you which icon you want to use...pick Default icon.

Reactions: hdevine
Upvote 0
Can you not simply change the icon by replacing it with the app you wish to use? Pick Change shortcut and you will be taken to Select shortcut then Applications. From there you can pick Handcent. It will then ask you which icon you want to use...pick Default icon.

Thanks for the tip. I did that and got the apps icon. What I did originally was, when I clicked on the default icon, I picked the app I wanted to use from the popup menu and made it the default. I never really changed the button's function as you suggested. All is good now.

Thanks!
Harry

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones