• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Changing Kernels with Dual Booting

I would like to try this (more fool me), but I have reservations. Does any one know of a guide or have any information. I'll search XDA for some answers and I might try it sometime over the weekend. From what I've read so far it does seem like a recipe for disaster, I agree, but if I do do it I'll post back here with my findings and possibly be begging for help having turned my SGSII into a shiny paperweight.

Upvote 0
I would like to try this (more fool me), but I have reservations. Does any one know of a guide or have any information. I'll search XDA for some answers and I might try it sometime over the weekend. From what I've read so far it does seem like a recipe for disaster, I agree, but if I do do it I'll post back here with my findings and possibly be begging for help having turned my SGSII into a shiny paperweight.

I used to play around with dual booting a lot when I tested roms. If the kernel you flash doesn't support dual-boot (which you should be able to find out), all that happens is you lose the ability to access your secondary rom. A re-flash of Siyah will allow you to access your secondary rom again (ie flashing a different kernel doesn't delete your secondary rom).

Reactions: dynomot
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones