1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Changing language from Chinese to English in Android TV Box

Discussion in 'TV & Video' started by mdmm55, Nov 28, 2016.

1. mdmm55

mdmm55 Newbie

I have bought following Android TV Box from China.It work fine but everything is in Chinese,which I do not know. i can click on Setting but after that I could not go to change Chinese language to English.Kindly help me with pictures.I am attaching 3 photographs of first 3 screen.
    The receiver is" AMLOGIC S905X ANDROID 6.0 Marshmallo DDR3 2GB , 64bit

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Look for a settings menu item like this 语言及输入法 (Language and input method), select it then you should see 语言 (Language), and then 中文 (Chinese), English, etc.

mdmm55 and Andrew Cole like this.
  3. mdmm55

mdmm55 Newbie

-------------------------------------------
    Thank you very much Andrew Cole.I could not find that language options.What is chinese words for english in chinese??
    I am attaching 3 on screen pictures of this Android.Please help me.Do I need a new software?.From where can I get new English language software for this receiver,please.Kindly help me please.

Attached Files:

mikedt likes this.
  4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

First problem, that's not Chinese, it's Korean. I can read Chinese, I can't read Korean. Also it's a UI I've never seen before. You bought this Android box from China? Can you see anyway of factory resetting it, as possibly it's got into some funky mode and selected Korean as the UI language for some reason, or could be a plot by Kim Jong-un?

According to Baidu Translate 언어 입력기 is Korean for "Language and input method".

EDIT

What's in that globe icon? Because that looks like 언어, which checks out as Korean for "Language".

Android TV Box.M96X-AMLOGIC S905X ANDROID 6.0 2.jpeg

#4 mikedt, Nov 29, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
    mdmm55 and Andrew Cole like this.
  5. Andrew Cole

Andrew Cole Android Enthusiast

:p

mikedt likes this.
  6. mdmm55

mdmm55 Newbie

I followed you.There was some option blocking .I tried globe(Korean) then next,I tried all options one by one and got full language aoption.Iset to English.rebooted and all it is working fine.
    May I request you to send me some working KODI repsositores for English channels(U,U,British).I got some but they are not working.

#6 mdmm55, Nov 30, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2016
    mikedt likes this.
  7. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Working Kodi repos? @Andrew Cole you might know about that. :)

Bare in mind as you're in the UK, anything pirated will very likely be blocked/censored by your ISP because of copyright infringement and commercial interests.

#7 mikedt, Nov 30, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
    mdmm55 likes this.
  8. mdmm55

mdmm55 Newbie

#8 mdmm55, Nov 30, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
  9. Andrew Cole

Wrong forum and off topic. Sorry we can't help with that.

mdmm55 likes this.
  10. mdmm55

mdmm55 Newbie

When I shutdown and start this android box,it goes back to Korean,which I reset via globe/language option,each time.Is there nay way to keep it English after restarting each time.

11. Andrew Cole

That's an unusual problem. How do you 'shut down' your box?

It's possible that the Korean language has been hardwired into the custom installation of the ROM that was installed by the re-seller.

Perhaps using the alternative launcher may make the language 'sticky'? Or maybe even installing a new launcher.

12. mikedt

mikedt 你好

So this thing came from China?! :thinking:

It beats me.
    Kim-Jong-Un_zpsdvfchcbz.jpeg

mdmm55 likes this.
  13. mdmm55

mdmm55 Newbie

Thank you very much.Kindly tell me what is alternative launcher and how to install it.

14. Andrew Cole

15. seometadaten

seometadaten Lurker

I have the same problem that mdmm45. My SCISHION V88 PRO TV Box Amlogic S905X Quad Core is always in korean language.

I have to change the language each time I use this device.

Also I have installed an alternative launcher but without success. The menu is still korean

Any idea to change the language forever?

16. FahAz

FahAz Lurker

This worked for me:

Go to settings > HDMI CEC > CEC Switch: On > Auto change language: Off.

Solution kudos to YouTube user, Zoran Purgar.

#16 FahAz, Jul 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  17. Troyab

Troyab Lurker

Nearly two years later and I'm having the same problem with the Chinese box I bought. You guys are Lifesavers. The globe icon is the key to the boxes
    language and turning off auto change language under HDMI cec kept my box from turning back to Chinese or Korean or whatever funky language the Box kept turning onto thanks for your help.