• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Changing Location in Bluestacks?

persistentone

Sep 4, 2013
I installed Bluestacks under Windows, and when I first used it there was some way to set my location on a world map. Now, a week later, I appear to have turned something off or configured in such a way that I no longer see that option.

What configuration is required to be able to set your location? Do you have to manually set your location each time you start Bluestacks, or cannot it be permanently left at the location you set?

Are there other common privacy tweaks for Bluestacks?

To answer my own question, the location can be set inside of Google Maps, using a location icon below the app itself that suddenly appears in the context of Google Maps. Once you set the location in that App, it apparently stays across boots of Bluestacks and that location is apparently being used by other Apps as well.

Reactions: iamitp
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones