1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Changing Message Centre number

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by repoman1966, Mar 12, 2011.

1. repoman1966

repoman1966 Lurker
    None

Mar 12, 2011
    This might seems a strange, but recently bought a Galaxy Europa from Phones4U in the UK due to having my old phones stolen. I bought it with a t-mobile payg sim to use until I got my replacement giffgaff sim card ( as phones4y say the handsets they sell are generic and sim unlocked). Looking though the settings, how do I change the message centre number, or even find it, because I can't find it.

Advertisement

2. Stash68

Stash68 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 2, 2011
    Im a giffgaffer too bro, Go settings then call settings, you then got voice mail service and voice mail settings, ive got my carrier in voice mail service and 443 in voice mail settings.my voice mail works ok.

3. repoman1966

repoman1966 Lurker
    None

Mar 12, 2011
    Yes, changing voicemail number isn't a problem, but if you take a nokia phone for instance, you can easily find the message centre numbers in use and change them over. I've seen the *#*#4636#*#* which allows you to see it and change it, but surely it must be easier to find than that?

4. junesm

junesm Lurker
    None

Dec 10, 2011
    can anyone help, i changed the message centre number to my mobile number thinking this was right,now message centre has disappeared and i cant send any text,can some one help please