• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

changing message notification tone

You mean TEXT message ringtone? On Samsung Galaxy this is what works... Oen messaging > menu > settings > select ringtone.
(mp3 ringtones may not show up in this menu. I use .wav for all my tones. Keeps them out of the music player list too) This gives me a different RT than if you go into settings > sound and display > notification ringtone.
I have tried (or bothered) to attempt a different text RT for individual contacts

Reactions: solotx
Upvote 0
Can I use a downloaded ringtone for my message notification tone? I can't get to my ringtones list in the options menu in the notification edit screen. It only shows the notification tones that came standard with the phone.

open your fille explorer
in the sdcard folder create a folder "Media" (no quotes)
in "Media" create 3 folders: Alarms Notifications Ringtones

Put your tones into appropriate folders (like I said earlier I use .wav not .mp3 to prevent these tones from showing up in music player)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones