1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Changing phone number - Differences?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by FullWolfMoon, Apr 18, 2012.

1. FullWolfMoon

FullWolfMoon Newbie

Hi. I haven't yet changed my phone number, but want to. I'm worried about about a couple of things. The first being that I'm on the grandfathered $25 beyond talk plan, will I lose it and be bumped up to the $35 price if I change my number? I'm not swapping phones, just numbers.

The other concern I have is, will anything happen to the apps I've bought or anything like that? Or will they all still be okay and the same? Thanks for any answers!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus

I would say: Yes you will loose the $25.00 plan.
    Call VM to verify.

3. kwknott

kwknott Android Expert

I changed mine back after the plans changed but before they started charging to change you number and I kept my $25.00 plan. You should be able to stay on the $25 plan but like AndyOpie150 said call them to make sure cause they may have changed something since I changed mine

AndyOpie150 likes this.
  4. riggerman1

riggerman1 Well-Known Member

The only way to lose your grandfathered plan is to either let your account lapse by not paying it for thirty days, or by switching plans. You can change your number or switch phones and still keep your original plan.

AndyOpie150 likes this.
  5. tuller

tuller Member

Just FYI, you will also lose your grandfathered plan if you switch smartphones..."VMFreeMsg Starting 5/27/12, new smartphones will be subject to current plan rates. This will apply if you switch phones"...Received that yesterday from VM...

AndyOpie150 likes this.
  6. benslgdroid

benslgdroid rockstar

That's ridiculous. Allot of people have to return the phone to be fixed and they give you a new phone.

7. tuller

tuller Member

Hopefully, they mean if you change to a different make / model of phone...

8. riggerman1

riggerman1 Well-Known Member

If you'll read the entire message, it says if you change to a new phone released after May. It looks like this geared to the rumor of 4g and higher end phones coming out this summer.

9. MacFett

MacFett Android Expert

There was a member who reported losing their $25 a month plan when they ported their number to Google Voice despite VM USA telling them that it wouldn't happen.

LG Optimus V Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews