• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Changing phone number on Whatsapp

louis2008

Nov 13, 2015
OK
My situation is - I own two mobile number, and I used number A to register whatsapp and used it. I then changed to number B because I needed to
contact someone on whatsapp but I don't want him to know my number A.
He has my number B only

But he has not sent me even one line of message on Whatsapp yet,
if I now change the number back to number A, would he still be able to send
me message on Whatsapp? or would he able to find out my number A?

I hope you guy understand my situation. Thanks a lot

Reactions: Clementine_3
If this person only has your B phone number, that's the WhatsApp account he's going to be interacting with. You need to be using your WhatsApp B account whenever you want to exchange messages with this person. When your using your WhatsApp A account, you won't be able to.

Depending on what phone you have, there's an option to have both WhatsApp accounts on your phone, but read through the caveats. You apparently want this person to only have knowledge of your WhatsApp B account and if you're not careful it can be easy to cross-post messages this way:
https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/07/11/two-whatsapp-numbers-android-phone/

Upvote 0
That depending if he has it set up for his WA to have both numbers. I have WA on my phone and the same account setup on my tablet, but if I choose to sign in with my cell phone number from my phone on my tablet, then it signs me out of my account, on my phone,so my tablet has my Google Voice number set into it and my phone has my cell phone number setup, so I am able to use WA on both devices at the same time, because they are using different number.

So I know for a fact, If I had both signed in from the same number, if I used it on one device, it would sign me out of my other device, and it would notify me of that. Hope this makes sense.

Upvote 0
Hi, I had a similar situation and didn't know what to do either. I could not register accounts on some sites. I asked my best friend who understands this topic what to do, he told me to google the problem. And as my friend said, I decided to google it and came across temporary phone number . After that, on all the sites on which I wanted to register, I made new accounts and I had no more problems with that. Perhaps my friend will help you too, I don't know, I'm only trying to help you somehow.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones