1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Changing phone number on Whatsapp

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by louis2008, Jul 16, 2020.

1. louis2008

louis2008 Member

OK
    My situation is - I own two mobile number, and I used number A to register whatsapp and used it. I then changed to number B because I needed to
    contact someone on whatsapp but I don't want him to know my number A.
    He has my number B only

But he has not sent me even one line of message on Whatsapp yet,
    if I now change the number back to number A, would he still be able to send
    me message on Whatsapp? or would he able to find out my number A?

I hope you guy understand my situation. Thanks a lot

Clementine_3 likes this.
  2. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

Whatever number WA is registered to, that is the number he will see

mikedt and Dannydet like this.
  3. louis2008

louis2008 Member

He got my old number only, then I changed to a new number on Whatsapp then he'll still be able to find out my new number from Whatsapp if he has never sent me a line of message? I am confused

4. svim

svim Extreme Android User

If this person only has your B phone number, that's the WhatsApp account he's going to be interacting with. You need to be using your WhatsApp B account whenever you want to exchange messages with this person. When your using your WhatsApp A account, you won't be able to.

Depending on what phone you have, there's an option to have both WhatsApp accounts on your phone, but read through the caveats. You apparently want this person to only have knowledge of your WhatsApp B account and if you're not careful it can be easy to cross-post messages this way:
    https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/07/11/two-whatsapp-numbers-android-phone/

5. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

That depending if he has it set up for his WA to have both numbers. I have WA on my phone and the same account setup on my tablet, but if I choose to sign in with my cell phone number from my phone on my tablet, then it signs me out of my account, on my phone,so my tablet has my Google Voice number set into it and my phone has my cell phone number setup, so I am able to use WA on both devices at the same time, because they are using different number.

So I know for a fact, If I had both signed in from the same number, if I used it on one device, it would sign me out of my other device, and it would notify me of that. Hope this makes sense.

WhatsApp

WhatsApp Forum

com.yowhatsapp

READ MORE
Last Updated
Rating
Installs