1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Changing Phone Number?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by btrain34, Feb 7, 2011.

1. btrain34

btrain34 Lurker

Basically, I want to change my phone number on my rooted Evo but I don't want to remove the root and reinstall it later. How can I do it?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Extreme Android User

call customer service and ask them to change your number. you will need to do this from a different phone, not your evo.

I am pretty sure they can do this for you over the phone. then they will walk you through activating your phone on the new number.

3. mdizzle99

mdizzle99 Android Enthusiast

I believe Google Voice could help you as well. Just depends why you are changing your number.

4. surfologist87

surfologist87 Android Expert

You can do it over the phone. I had to because someone got a hold of my number .......
    Just call them and tell them you need to change your number. If it is the first time youve done it, i believe they wont charge you. It was free for me. You can tell them you are receiving harassing phone calls and need it changed.

And yes, got to call from another phone. It wont wipe your phone or change anything having to do with your root. I think they ask you to update your profile. Maybe prl while youre at it...? Just dont go in software update while youre in there. Lol

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews