1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root changing phone numbers while rooted.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dustwun77, Sep 1, 2011.

1. dustwun77

dustwun77 Endeavor to Persevere :)

Feb 24, 2010
    Male
    ET
    SC
    I have my evo on one line but the main number I have given out to everyone and use daily is a different line/phone.

I am liking my root evo so much I want it to be on my main line. What is the best way to do this? I have seen stuff to manage phone online at sprint site, I guess i could just call them on the phone and see if they can do it. Don't wan't to take it in and have it done since it is rooted.

Suggestions, experiences?

Advertisement

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
    None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
    as long as your on a sense rom they should be able to do it over the phone i believe. give them a call first and see what they can do. you could always flash the stock rooted rom and take it in if you have to. they will never know the difference.

dustwun77 likes this.
  3. kofkorn

kofkorn Newbie
    None

Nov 29, 2010
    Try linking the EVO and your other number to Google Voice. It will allow you to have any calls to your number ring any phone that you want. I haven't done a whole lot of fancy things with my account yet, but it seems like there really isn't a limit to the phones or numbers that you add.

Plus you get the ability to have all of your texts and VM's backed up on Google so you don't loose them when you flash to a new ROM. Additionally, VM's are automatically transcribed.

Good luck!

dustwun77 likes this.
  4. dustwun77

dustwun77 Endeavor to Persevere :)

Feb 24, 2010
    Male
    ET
    SC
    Interesting, that is all with google voice? I had no idea. Need to check that out. Thanks for the tip!

5. kofkorn

kofkorn Newbie
    None

Nov 29, 2010
    Yep, You can link phone numbers to your Google Voice account and it will direct the calls from any or all numbers to which ever phone number you would like. You can even set up schedules so that it rings specific phones at specific times.

I had to use it because I'm running CyanogenMod and it doesn't play well with the standard Sprint Voicemail. I really like it though, and I haven't even touched half of the options yet.

dustwun77 likes this.
Tags: