1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Changing Primary Email Address

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by RobDickson, Aug 19, 2011.

1. RobDickson

RobDickson Android Enthusiast
    None

I've tried searching the web and these forums for an answer to my question, but can't find it. I hope I've posted my question in the correct section.

When I first got my phone (an HTC Desire), it wouldn't let me link it to my Google account, because the primary email address on the account was me@mydomain.com and the secondary email address was me@gmail.com. I changed the primary email address on the account back to me@gmail.com and it let me link my phone to my Google account.

This hasn't been much of a problem since, but I would like to change the primary email address back to me@mydomain.com. me@mydomain.com is still linked with the Google account, it's just a secondary address.

I'm sure I'm not the only person who wants to do this, but I don't want to mess up everything on my phone by doing this. Has anybody else tried it?

Just to make it clear, I'm not talking about changing the phone from one Google account to another (which is all I could find discussed when I searched), I'm talking about changing the primary email address on the same account.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement