• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Changing primary Google Account

johnlgalt

Antidisestablishmentarian
Oct 28, 2009
3rd Rock
androidforums.com
Ok, I have read the threads that come with putting in the title above, but I have a special question.

Does anyone know of a procedure that I can go through to not only change my primary Google account on my DROID but also have it transfer bought app info from the old account to the new account?

I have bought well over $10 worth of apps, an I would like them associated with the account through my domain as opposed to my current account (just a regular GMail address).

Any ideas here? Or is what I remember reading in the past still true - bought apps are locked to one account and cannot be changed?

I recently changed my primary google account on my droid from reg gmail to GAFYD this is what i found.

With just my GAFYD account added i could not but paid apps. even though i went to checkout.google.com and signed up for a checkout account with it.

I also had bought apps with my gmail account before i switched. SO i figured i could just add it as a secondary account and it would all be fine. But i was wrong. I was now able to buy apps with my gmail account as a secondary account but none of my paid apps associated with that account would let me update without rebuying.

It kinda sucked but i did end up buying the apps again because i couldnt go back to gmail being the primary account because i need GAFYD account to sync calendar the only the primary account can do that.

Upvote 0
Sigh.

I want the apps associated with my GAFYD account *in the market*.

hell, I already have *3* accounts on my phone, plus a FB account. I only sync everything on the main account, and sync gmail only on my GAFYD and my other Google account.

My point is I want the paid apps actually transferred to my GAFYD so I can sign into that account as my primary account in the market.

I am not looking for workarounds, b/c I am already working around it now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones