1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Changing SD cards question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mcrow, Mar 3, 2011.

1. mcrow

mcrow Newbie
    None

Mar 3, 2011
    MN
    I just got my Optimus V not long ago. I'm hugely impressed with it given the price.

The question I have is about chaning SD cards. Right now I'm using the stock 2g card which seems to work but as I add content it's not going to cover my needs. I picked up a 16g card and plan to use that.

What's the best method to switching over? All of my apps are on internal memory at this point, just media on the 2g card.

So I was thinking of just swapping out the SD card and using doubletwist to reload my media.

Does this sound like a good plan?:eek:

Advertisement

2. TVCCS

TVCCS Android Enthusiast

Jan 19, 2011
    Male
    Consultant/Editor/Writer
    Los Angeles, CA
    Yep...if you don't have apps on the card yet, you should be able to use about any method of copying and have it work.

3. Leslie Ann

Leslie Ann Android Expert
    None

Feb 13, 2011
    I.T. Consultant
    Be sure to use the phone to format the new card to avoid possible problems.

Also, the phone in stock condition is rather bogged down, but, I don't see anyone can say it's bad for the price.

If you truly think it performs bad, root it and throw on Stock + Xionia. The difference is amazing. Not enough still? Install SetCPU, overclock it a little and watch it outpace many, new, high end phones.

This phone truly shines once you tinker with it a little.

4. w0rd

w0rd Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 16, 2011
    FL, USA
    What if you do have apps on the card?

5. TVCCS

TVCCS Android Enthusiast

Jan 19, 2011
    Male
    Consultant/Editor/Writer
    Los Angeles, CA
    I had issues with doing a card-to-card transfer...and ended up doing a complete wipe and reinstall of the phone after developing buggy apps, especially with the Gallery not being able to refind images and videos no matter what I did. Another user suggested doing the copy to the PC first and then back down to the new card worked for them okay.

My suggestion is to move as many apps back to the phone as possible before doing the transfer to minimize the chances of something going wrong, then moving them back out to the new card.

Tags: