1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Changing Temperature Unit

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by S9DD, Jan 9, 2020.

1. S9DD

S9DD Lurker

I have never used Android 9 Nokia 7.2 before, so am finding this perhaps obvious change very hard indeed.
    The main screen shows a time, a date and a temperature - but in Fahrenheit, which is not helpful to me.
    Google engine searching for how to change it to Celsius mentions language settings, but it is set to UK English already, so there is nothing to alter.
    Searching in the phone, it finds an umbrella and "weather temperature unit preference" - but you cannot tap anything to link to the place where this setting is found.
    Some other answers talk about a "google app" but I have no idea what that is.
    I want what I can only describe as "Phone > Settings > Preferences > Temperature > Units : F/C".
    Can someone point me in the right direction please? Thanks.
    (Please confine answers to tapping on the screen, so I can learn the navigation route.)

racibennett likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Long press on the temperature that shows on screen. Choose app info.
    That will be the app that controls what's displayed on the screen.
    If there is no option within that app to change to Celsius, you will need to install a new weather app from the play store that can show Celsius.

3. S9DD

S9DD Lurker

Thanks - a long press produces "Preferences", but it offers Calendar Events (on off), Upcoming Flight Info (on off), Traffic Info (on off).
    That's it. Not what I'd call helpful options!

I thought this was part of the o/s - because if it's an app, I would have expected the usual "app info" with "Force Stop" option to come up, but that's not what happens.

#3 S9DD, Jan 9, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
  4. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

So that is the behavior of the stock launcher on Your device.
    I can only make suggestions based on the device that I use.
    My suggestion, install a different launcher from the play store such as Nova launcher and install a time and weather widget also that has Celsius options.

5. S9DD

S9DD Lurker

Appreciated. It's just going to take time to get into how Android works.

Dannydet likes this.
  6. S9DD

S9DD Lurker

Well, I signed up for the app store, and popped Nova into the system. Presto the F has become a C. Thanks for the help.

Dannydet likes this.
  7. shubh1ghosh

shubh1ghosh Newbie

On the stock launcher, click on the weather. It will open the weather app. Open the menu drawer from the top left. Here you will get the option to change fahrenheit to celcius.

ramakantdogra likes this.

Nokia 7.2 Forum

The Nokia 7.2 release date was September 2019. Features and Specs include a 6.3" inch screen, 48MP camera, 4/6GB RAM, Snapdragon 660 processor, and 3500mAh battery.

September 2019
Release Date
Reviews