1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Changing Texts from Phone to Google????

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jcheney10, Aug 26, 2010.

1. jcheney10

jcheney10 Active Member

Aug 1, 2010
    Temple, TX
    Before i realized that you had to save contacts to google to be able to sync them with Gmail i saved them all under the phone. I cant for the life of me find under the edit button in contacts to change from phone to google, if I create a new contact I can but with my existing contacts it wont let me. Anybody know of a way to do this?

Advertisement

2. 84guy

84guy Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2010
    California
    i think there are some apps that copy them to google contacts. but youll have to go through and delete all the phone contacts. but i dont think there is a way native to the phone to switch them to google contacts

3. whtge8

whtge8 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2010
    I did it manually. Added all of my contacts manually into my Gmail, deleted all the contacts in my phone, then synced. I dont think theres another way.

4. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    Remember, you can open People, Menu -> Import/Export and send all of your phone (or google) contacts to a vcard file on your SD card.

You can then move that file to your PC and then Import that file (More Actions) to your Gmail / Contacts.

Kludgey - but it kinda works.

5. shantytownbrown

shantytownbrown Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Medicine
    Connecticut
    thats how i did it..exported phone to sd card, then (without going to pc) imported back, it asked me if i wanted them google or phone..chose google..

the kludgy part was linking them together..so they woulnt appear as dupes...

Tags: