1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Changing the lock screen to default picture...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by green1988, Aug 14, 2011.

1. green1988

green1988 Lurker
    None

Aug 14, 2011
    Hi. I am trying to change the lock screen back to a default background. The issue is that I once when I first got the phone I changed the home screen wallpaper back to a default background and a small pop up appeared which said something along the lines of "do you want this image to be set as your lock screen wallpaper too?" i clicked on the 'no' option and also i clicked on the "do not display this message again" option too as I thought i would be able to change the lock screen background another time. However now when i am trying to change the lock screen wallpaper i go settings> display> screen display> lock screen wallpaper and it just takes me to my images and photos etc but no default backgrounds. Also when i change the home screen wallpaper it doesnt give me the option to make the image my lock screen background as i stupidly chose not to display the message again!!

I hope this makes sense and I have explained it clearly :/ its just reallly annoying me! has anyone else had this problem or have any solutions?!

Thanks...

Advertisement

2. heshanj

heshanj Android Expert
    None

hmm.. when i go to the settings/display/lockscreen menu, i see an option to view my gallery as well as Wallpaper gallery, which has the default wallpapers. i dont think that the message that popped up should remove this gallery. so when, on ur homescreen, u hit menu/wallpaper/ u dotn see a Wallpaper gallery?

3. green1988

green1988 Lurker
    None

Aug 14, 2011
    thanks for replying!
    no if i click on lock screen> wallpaper it just takes me straight to the gallery section like it would if i clicked on 'gallery' from my other menus. and in all of these folders none of them have the default pictures in!
    maybe its a glitch in my phone :/

4. kebark

kebark Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 31, 2011
    See if this guide helps you it's full of pictures which should help. No guarantee but it is easy to follow.

5. heshanj

heshanj Android Expert
    None

hmm i dont think that'll help coz he seems to be missing the stock gallery. well if u really cant find it, the best i can do is this - check out post #7, it has all the stock wallpapers that came with it. create an album in ur gallery and shove those in. if ur just looking to find a way to undo ur mistake, and not the wallpaper itself, i have no idea :D

6. green1988

green1988 Lurker
    None

Aug 14, 2011
    I only really want the pictures so thats great, thanks for your help :)

7. jgray6

jgray6 Lurker
    None

Sep 19, 2011
    Hi

How do you save these photos to the gallery please?

Thanks