• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root changing the splash screen on your motorola triumph

mundane24

Jul 28, 2011
here's a helpful youtube video before you do anything. Motorola triumph splash screen - YouTube

using your pc, download a ready-made splash screen/s - splash.img - from the internet/android forums (good place is xda forum).
note: make sure it's 750 KB or it won't work on your triumph, from experience. :eek:

here's mine. preview/jpg only!
if you wanna try it as your splash screen for now, download it here ~ splash.img

on your powered off phone, simultaneously press the power button and volume down button. this will boot your phone to download mode.
plug your phone to your pc using your usb cable.
after a few seconds, you should see a new drive named 'MOBILE' on your pc window explorer.
go to the lone directory/folder named 'image'. there you will see a file named 'splash.img'. this is the M logo you see when booting up.
make a back up just in case you ever need it again by renaming it to something like splashold.img or something.
transfer from your pc to your phone the splash.img you downloaded (or made see below :D). now you have your new splash screen on your phone!
(the only way!) to power off your phone from the download mode, take out the battery for a few seconds and put it back in aka 'battery pull'.
turn on your phone and enjoy your new splash screen!

if there's anything wrong with the steps written above, kindly let me know so i could fix/change it. im a newb! :)

---

now to make your own splash screen, i found this tut at xda forum ~ [TOOL] EZ Splash Screen Flasher and Image Converter>>Converts jpg, png and bmp files - xda-developers

all you need to do is just create the 'custom.img' file (follow the instructions from that post)
rename it to 'splash.img' and voila!!! you got your own splash screen ready to be transferred to your triumph!

i take no credit for any of these. 'just merely sharing what i've learned. :)

Awesome just made my own. Nothing cool unfortunately as i dont have much graphics editing skills but it'll do until one of my friends makes something cool for me.

Just making sure though...after my splash screen went away, the motorola M popped back up and the "virgin mobile" video/song thing played right before the phone booted all the way into Android. Is this right?

Upvote 0
Just making sure though...after my splash screen went away, the motorola M popped back up and the "virgin mobile" video/song thing played right before the phone bototed all the way into Android. Is this right?

yes that is right! after the splash screen is the bootanimation and the power on/up sound. im sure if you look around the threads, you'll find how to change them. ill try to write a procedure as soon as i can for others' future reference though. :)

Upvote 0
that is really nice, BlackGravity!

black gravity, can you make me a cool one like that? if not can you tell me how to make stuff that awesome! or better yet! make a youtube video! :D
thanks

and I've been messing with photoshop for about 10 years...putting a vid up showing how to do something would be hard if i don't know what it is im showing what to do.. lol but i am working on a few splash screens atm so give me a few days and ill have something up that you might like.

most will be droid or motorola stuff.. but if you have any ideas.. toss them to me,ill see what i can do.

-BG

Upvote 0
thanks

and I've been messing with photoshop for about 10 years...putting a vid up showing how to do something would be hard if i don't know what it is im showing what to do.. lol but i am working on a few splash screens atm so give me a few days and ill have something up that you might like.

most will be droid or motorola stuff.. but if you have any ideas.. toss them to me,ill see what i can do.

-BG

Something with a Jolly Roger would be wicked but you already knew I'd say that!

Upvote 0
here the splash screen i made

Dallas-Cowboys.png

Upvote 0
Here is the one I made for myself running CM7

custom.png

View attachment splash.zip

Enjoy

P.S. it looks a little bit more blue on the triumph screen it's not quite as green as it shows up here... Or maybe it's just my laptop, lol either way the color is pretty much spot on cyan

Also thanks for the JollyRoger big boy! I appreciate it :D

Attachments

• customjpg.jpg
    customjpg.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 63
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones