• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Changing the User Agent to iPad in the default browser?

I'm on a Honeycomb tablet. I love the default browser. I can't imagine using this tablet without Quick Controls. But the only useragent options are desktop, mobile, and tablet. The tablet option is currently worthless as most sites interpret that as mobile.

Dolphin HD allows an option for iPad and this works well on the sites I visit. Is there some kind of manual hack (rooted or not) to change the Honeycomb browser to iPad?

Usually on stock Android, you can just enter -

about:debug

as the URL address and then go to settings / prefs for hidden options. Don't know if that works with Honeycomb, but worth a shot.

You actually don't need to do that in the latest version. User Agent can be selected in the regular settings menu. But like I WA saying iPadis not an available option for the stock browser.

My hope is that the UA could be manually entered in a configuration file or something.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones