1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Charge light grouped with other notifications?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ltlrags, Mar 12, 2016.

1. ltlrags

ltlrags Newbie
    None

May 16, 2010
    I used to be able to turn off the charge light, but in Marshmallow it seems to be grouped with all other notification light. You can either use notification lights for everything or nothing (settings, display, LED indicator). Is that correct? Does anyone know a way to control the notification light at a more granular level?

Advertisement

2. Dnos

Dnos Lurker
    None

Aug 30, 2011
    One workaround would be to download an LED Notification app from the google play store. I really don't think any of the available apps are PERFECT, but one that suits my needs pretty well is called "Light Flow". It comes in a free version, a paid version ($2.49), and a "Legacy" version. I installed the current free version and it urged me to instead use the "Legacy" version though I don't recall why it suggested it. Anyway, the free, (or Legacy free) version offers separate LED notification for a number of apps/action. When you have a missed call, when you have an unread text, when you have an unread gmail email. The paid version unlocks several 3rd party apps like outlook email notification and others. You can of course set your preferred LED color and blink speed for each associated notification, such as a red LED for missed call, blue LED for unread text, green for unread email etc. It's actually a very thorough app and can be a little intensive if you go through and try to tweak absolutely every setting for each notification, but if you leave it bare bones, you can be up and running in a minute or two. Give it a try and see if it works for you.

ltlrags likes this.
  3. bIOforger

bIOforger Android Expert
    None

Jun 19, 2014
    Male
    Yep, you'll need a 3rd party app to control that as mentioned above, i used that app as well, but found it had way too many options to be bothered with it lol

ltlrags likes this.
  4. ltlrags

ltlrags Newbie
    None

May 16, 2010
    Great app. As bIOforger says, it does have a lot of options that can seem daunting, but it gave me the options I was looking for and then some. Like now the LED can mirror the color I associate with the app: light blue for Skype, dark blue for FB Messenger, yellow for snapchat, etc. And the charge light is gone!

I've attached the screenshots regarding the recommendation for the legacy version. btw, I purchased the upgrade, and then installed the legacy version which gives all the functionality of the pay version with the resolution to the "persistent notification" problem found in the legacy version. That is what they recommend, and it works.

Attached Files:

Samsung Galaxy S7

The Samsung Galaxy S7 was launched in 2016 and was one of two devices in the lineup. The device features a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 12MP rear camera.