• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Charge may be released this week

I have until Friday to return my TB (hate that VZW changed the policy from a 30 day return to 14 days), so I am hoping it launches before then!

the battery life is supposed to be mucho better, so you might want to give the sammy a try. If verizon hasn't changed their policy from last year, if you put an old phone back in service for at least 3 days, when you return a new phone, you won't pay a restock fee of $35. I did that several times when I bought the Storm 1, and the first pair of Storm 2's. By putting my old LG back in service, there was no restock fee. It's a crazy rule, but it is what it is. (or "was". I don't know if that policy is still in effect)

Upvote 0
What's starting to bug me is this -- OK, the release of the Droid Charge was delayed, but why can't VZ simply announce on its website (and inform its VZ stores) WHAT the release date will be?

And why not, in addition, give us at least a brief explanation of what's going on? Even something a PR guy at VZ would write just to assure the masses that everything's cool and they DO have a plan?

The way it is now, with total silence from VZ and Samsung as to the release date and with ever-changing info (like Costco first saying May 3 and then saying NOT), it gives the impression of chickens running around with their heads cut off behind the scenes. And makes me wonder if there are some bugs with VZ's LTE network or some issues with the phone itself???

Upvote 0
They are chickens running around with their heads cut off. It's ridiculous. If they would just give us a solid release date, I wouldn't be losing faith in Verizon and gaining faith in Sprint as quickly as I am. I am not joking when I say that if Verizon's LTE coverage wasn't so great and widespread for a very new technology, and Sprint's older WiMax wasn't lagging behind, I'd already have an Epic 4G in my hands. 4G is the only reason I'm still even interested in continuing to be a Verizon customer, because frankly, they've been abysmal with phone release dates for years and seem to be continuing on that track at full speed.

Upvote 0
What's starting to bug me is this -- OK, the release of the Droid Charge was delayed, but why can't VZ simply announce on its website (and inform its VZ stores) WHAT the release date will be?

And why not, in addition, give us at least a brief explanation of what's going on? Even something a PR guy at VZ would write just to assure the masses that everything's cool and they DO have a plan?

The way it is now, with total silence from VZ and Samsung as to the release date and with ever-changing info (like Costco first saying May 3 and then saying NOT), it gives the impression of chickens running around with their heads cut off behind the scenes. And makes me wonder if there are some bugs with VZ's LTE network or some issues with the phone itself???

Simple reason....It's the fruit baby! The Charge was pushed back because the White iPhone came out the very same day. Apple probably bitched, and VZW caved. Remember, Apple is suing Samsung, so it does make sense for Apple to flex its muscles. I bet the 4G outage was on purpose. So shady!

Upvote 0
Simple reason....It's the fruit baby! The Charge was pushed back because the White iPhone came out the very same day. Apple probably bitched, and VZW caved. Remember, Apple is suing Samsung, so it does make sense for Apple to flex its muscles. I bet the 4G outage was on purpose. So shady!

Yep, that's the story I'm sticking with too. Apple always needs to have center stage. It's a whiny, spoiled only-child brat. I wonder if they'll still be that way post-Steve Jobs...

Upvote 0
Well, once again delayed, with Costco telling me "we have the phones in stock but we're not allowed to sell them until we get the OK from headquarters". I would say to just wait for the Galaxy S2 but given Verizon's track record, that won't be out until well into 2012.

Yea VZW has been just terrible with all they're Android releases so far this year. I just don't get it? I may be bouncing to the EVO 3D on Sprint when it drops in the beginning of the Summer. WIMAX is not as good as LTE, but with Sprint preparing for a jump to LTE very soon....Sprint is starting to look pretty good, especially with the Android line up they will have by Sept. I'd be all over that Nexus S...but no micro SD is a deal breaker for me.

Upvote 0
Yea VZW has been just terrible with all they're Android releases so far this year. I just don't get it? I may be bouncing to the EVO 3D on Sprint when it drops in the beginning of the Summer. WIMAX is not as good as LTE, but with Sprint preparing for a jump to LTE very soon....Sprint is starting to look pretty good, especially with the Android line up they will have by Sept. I'd be all over that Nexus S...but no micro SD is a deal breaker for me.

Be careful with Sprint. They just lost a whole lot of coverage.
Sprint Community: Voice and 3G coverage being drastically...

Upvote 0
Oh geez... okay, scratch that. The only good choice now for a good telco is to move somewhere else. ;)

I can't understand this for the life of me, though. The stores all have the phones in their hands already. Would it kill Verizon to let me buy a f***in phone? I don't care if you want to continue advertising your stupid white iPhone 4, let me buy the actual GOOD phone you have, but are keeping secret.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones