1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Charge signal any better than TB?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Brutismax, May 29, 2011.

1. Brutismax

Brutismax Lurker
    None

May 18, 2011
    Picked up a new TB a couple days ago. Nice phone but a major problem I have is when indoors the signal sucks. No 4g here yet but the 3g is very weak(indoors), sometimes goes to 1x, sometimes no signal, seems like wifi isn't any better. Checked the db was like 105. So anyone that switched from TB to charge was it any better, or even the lg rev. maybe its better? This is the biggest issue I have and need to decide within the 14 days.:thinking:

Advertisement

2. Outsider(Avid HustlaZ)

Outsider(Avid HustlaZ) Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 12, 2010
    rapper, producer and security
    Phoenix, AZ

I had the tb and now own the charge. Honestly the tb did the same to me with 3g even tho i have 4g here in AZ but i used 3g alot because of the battery issue with TB but now on the charge i've run into no issues and battery is great on 4g as is on 3g and ive had no problems with 3g when not in 4g areas as i did with the TB. Hope that helps a little

3. jeffdanger

jeffdanger Newbie
    None

Jan 28, 2010
    Materiels Management
    New Jersey
    Mine does the same but regardless of what the signal strength says, it doesn't drop the call (at least not yet). I wouldn't pay too much attention to the strength indicator.

4. Mikey P

Mikey P Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 22, 2010
    SALES
    GOOSE CREEK, SC
    Just traded my tbolt for a charge and am getting the opposite. My tbolt sucked in doors and only got one bar at walmart and my charge gets full bars consistently.

5. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Guest
    None
    My bolt always drops signal when I go in to a building. My D1 and Dinc had better signal strengths. Still it works and never missed a call or had a call drop.

6. Brutismax

Brutismax Lurker
    None

May 18, 2011
    Thanks for the replies. I'll go to the verizon store this week and see what they say and check the signal strength on the demo phones. I did some searching and can't find much info on it, kind of thought something like this would be discussed a lot more.

7. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Guest
    None
    I think if people has 2 or 3 bars they dont tend to worry about the signal. Now the store will have full bars for their phones. I noticed that I did a 3g speed test that was next to a verizon store and my download was almost 1.7 and upload was 1.3. THat made me mad as where I live and other places I am lucky to get 300 and 20.

8. kxs783kms

kxs783kms Well-Known Member
    None

May 4, 2010
    It is 5-10 db's better for me than the TB. But I found the Revolution to be better than them all. I kept 4-5 full bars on the Revo, no matter where I went. I don't think I saw 1x at all the few days that I had the phone.

9. executor485

executor485 Well-Known Member
    None

May 16, 2011
    Behind joo
    How do you monitor the db strength of the signal? Also, is there any program out there that will monitor the signal (I know it will cut down on battery life but I want to test how good/bad my signal is throughout the day) and do reports/logs?