1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Charge time for the Inspire 4G

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by LittleAnt, May 12, 2011.

1. LittleAnt

LittleAnt Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 23, 2011
    Aerospace Engineer
    Los Angeles, CA
    I haven't seen this anywhere else on these forums, so i figured i'd post this potentially useful info. Using the stock charger that comes with the inspire in conjunction with the Current Widget App, i have been recording the time it takes to charge the inspire over a variety of start conditions. I consider 100% full when current widget reports 0mA charging. I then took that data and plotted it with a corresponding trend line. There is of course a bit of variance due to any given percentage being associated with a range of current values, but the formula listed will give you a surprisingly precise ETA to charge your phone to full from any given start point. I hope this is somewhat useful.

[​IMG]

Advertisement

buckyandroid and karnblack like this.
  2. blazeplacid

blazeplacid Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 1, 2010
    Drafter
    DFW TX
    I dont know if that's accurate for me.

at 15% its saying that it would take roughly 275 min or 4.5 hours, no way.

Unless you are using it while it charges.

from 15% it usually takes 2-3 hours max

3. LittleAnt

LittleAnt Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 23, 2011
    Aerospace Engineer
    Los Angeles, CA
    As you can see from the graph, there is a significant discontinuity from the zero point near 100% charge. This is due to the fact that i am using Current Widget to monitor when no more current is being delivered to the battery, coupled with a decreased current delivery from the Inspire 4G at higher battery percentages. This is a built in safety feature to slowly "top off" the battery near maximum to prevent damage to the battery from excess charge.

Basically, just because your phone says 100%, doesn't mean that it's completely, and totally, full of charge. I've seen current widget continue charging (non-zero numbers) for upwards of an HOUR after hitting 100%.
    That most likely accounts for your discrepancy.
    Check out your current widget log and you'll see what i'm talking about.