1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Charge/usb problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ivan dobski, Apr 3, 2011.

1. ivan dobski

ivan dobski Lurker
    None

Apr 2, 2011
    After just 5 days my IS won't respond to the charger/usb cable.
    I'd already noticed poor build quality when plugging the cable into the device.The connection is wobbly and doesn't seem to click in securely.Does your usb cable for the Incredible S feel solid/secure when inserted?...feedback would be appreciated.Anyway,would a factory reset solve the non charge/connection issue?
    I can't back-up the device so I'm hesitant to factory reset without knowing the outcome.
    Apart from that major issue I'm very happy with the IS and hope I don't have to send it away for repair already.

Advertisement

2. SevenW

SevenW Member
    None

Apr 19, 2010
    It could be a bad cable. I have never used the the HTC supplied USB, when I bought my Desire, I got a free cable bundled with a silicone case, it never went in the phone with any real resistance and pulled out easily. Compared to my many Nokia cables those are real tight in the Desire and Incredible, they require a moderate tug to get them off.

I'm sure the micro USB cables from HTC are from the cheapest supplier in China. Before you start resetting the IS just try a different cable first.

ivan dobski likes this.
  3. ivan dobski

ivan dobski Lurker
    None

Apr 2, 2011
    I also thought/hoped it was the cable.
    I took the IS to carphone warehouse shop yesterday with device and cable and asked a member of staff to test it with another cable,he did and it still didn't respond.
    The problem turned out to be the micro usb socket on the device,the staff member told me my IS wasn't the first to be returned with that particular fault.To cut a long story short I walked out the shop with a new IS even though I bought the phone/contract from a website.
    First class service!
    Just be careful IS owners,the charging socket is very fragile.

4. Brucew0617

None

Jan 27, 2011
    Earth
    Terrible, but I can't get any ideas to protect my charging socket.