• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

charge via usb with multi purpose power adapter

I am trying to use a multi purpose power adapter to charge my motorola citrus phone via the usb connection but when I plug it into the phone it recognizes it as a usb data cable and gives me the options associated with that, but it won't charge the battery. I have tried with 4.5 and 6 volt setting on the adapter. Is there any way to make this work?

just be aware that the output potential on the charger may result in trickle charging only that may not keep us with what apps you are using on phone while charging.

I tried tapping the back arrow and skipping the choices but it just shows the usb symbol at the top of the screen but doesn't try to charge at all. What is strange is that I can put the battery in a homemade box that plugs directly into the adapter and leave it at 6 volts for 80 minutes and it has a full charge.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones