• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Charge While Playing My games?

Lithium Ion batteries aren't keen on charging and discharging at similar rates at the same time, but as long as the phone charges, it's generally fine.

If it starts losing charge whilst you're charging and playing, stop charging, or stop playing :p.

Also unplug if it starts to get hot.

If you want to do things as you're supposed to, any device powered by a Lithium Ion battery is supposed to be switched off whilst charging, but that's not really practical.

Given the life span of modern phones, it won't really have that much of an effect on battery life.

Upvote 0
Wt games wud eat as much power as an adaptor provides to da phone?
I once charge my SE arc on computer USB from 2%, n running gameloft Brothers in Arm HD for abt 3hrs, when I quit game I see it charged to 80%. Phone was pretty hot throughout da hr.

Ps. my plantronics voyager pro charger (180ma) cannot power up my ATRIX (batt dead) while it can power up Arc (batt dead)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones