• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Charger and charging

herzzreh

May 23, 2010
In my case, I think the charger that came with the phone is not charging the battery properly. Last Friday I left the Evo charger at work and had to use a Nokia charger to charge the phone. The usage was the same, but now my battery doesn't seem to have the initial percentage drop and seems to last longer. Also, it charges bit faster (I know this is not great for the battery). Will do more testing...

Interesting. Most of us have found that we get better battery life by charging with the USB port on our PC's. I charge mine to 100% with the EVO on, and then turn it off and let it charge until the yellow light turns green. (It shortened with every charge cycle.) I get really good battery life now.

Keep us posted.

Upvote 0
Interesting. Most of us have found that we get better battery life by charging with the USB port on our PC's. I charge mine to 100% with the EVO on, and then turn it off and let it charge until the yellow light turns green. (It shortened with every charge cycle.) I get really good battery life now.

Keep us posted.

Will do, but I think what you posted kinda confirms that the charger may be the issue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones