• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Charger Chaos: 15% to 0%

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S and I have a bit of a battery issue. When I plug the charger in, it turns off and it suddenly says my battery is at 0%, even though a second ago it was at 15%. This has been happening for about a week now. As far as I can tell, none of my apps are causing this. Am I the only one with this issue? If not, is there a solution besides nuking everything off of my tablet?

Tablet shuts down and battery shows zero when you connect the charger? Possibly there's something seriously amiss with the charger, like a short circuit. Have you tried another charger?
My thoughts exactly...I had a HTC charger that went bad on me, and it started draining the battery, instead of charging it.

I agree with Mike, try a different charger.

Reactions: Jfalls63 and mikedt
Upvote 0
Tablet shuts down and battery shows zero when you connect the charger? Possibly there's something seriously amiss with the charger, like a short circuit. Have you tried another charger?
Except that the charger still works, I'm using it now. It's literally immediate, put in plug, then kaput. It's not draining while plugged in, it's only when it gets plugged in. And for the record, I did try a different charger and the same thing happened. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones