1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

charger for the droid turbo?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lgbalfa, Jan 30, 2015.

1. lgbalfa

lgbalfa Well-Known Member

does this phone come with a "special" charger to take advantage of the fast charging speeds or will my existing micro USB chargers from my droid maxx do the same as the original one that comes with the droid turbo?

thanks

2. kmf

kmf Android Enthusiast

If you bought your Turbo new it should have come with a turbo charger and cable. Other older chargers will work, but no turbo charging.

3. I use the Turbo charger when testing that requires intense processing and screen use driving the battery down. Otherwise I use the Tylt Vu wireless charger.

The Turbo charger will also charge other phones (like my Maxx).

Charge time on Turbo charger .... 0% to 100% in one hour.

You can use the charger that came with the Maxx to charge the Turbo ... it takes a lot longer.

... Thom

4. lgbalfa

thanks everyone for the reply back.

my preference would be to have an extra charger or two but the rapid one that comes with the phone.

5. lgbalfa

i would like to buy an extra charger but they are expensive.

$35 on the motorola website.

ebay doesn't even really sell them.

6. doogald

doogald Extreme Android User

7. lgbalfa

8. doogald

Again - there is nothing proprietary about the Motorola turbo charger. It's using qualcomm's quick charge technology for snapdragon processors, just as the Galaxy s5 and other phones did in 2014.

If you read the comments on the Amazon link you'll see that other people with Motorola phones (nexus 6 and moto x) are using this charger as successfully as the Motorola turbo charger. I don't have one, but I have other anker products, and they are good, in my opinion.

9. thisisnascar

thisisnascar Well-Known Member

Just curious as to what made you choose that particular brand of wireless charger. I want to get one, just not sure which one to get.

10. The great thing for me is that it holds my phones at a 45 degree angle next to my workstation . Other than that it has excellent reviews.

When I got it it was retailing at Staples for $100. The manufacturer offered a 50% discount and there was a $25 certificate from a forum in this site. It cost me $25.

... Thom

#10 Thom, Feb 2, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
  11. thisisnascar

12. thisisnascar

My bad. Thanks. Started reading about the Nokia DT-900 wireless charger. They're supposed to be a less-expensive alternative that works with the Turbo. Biggest drawback is that it lays flat on the surface.

13. doogald

I don't have one myself, but this one seems to get good reviews on Amazon, and has the same three-coil design that the Tylt Vü does (which means exact placement is not required.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LE6X5VU

14. lgbalfa

these wireless chargers though don't quick charge the phone do they?

15. emmzone22

emmzone22 Well-Known Member

16. doogald

No, it's like a standard charger, usually 1 amp, IIRC.

Motorola Droid Turbo Forum

The Motorola Droid Turbo release date was October 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.2" inch screen, 21MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 805 processor, and 3900mAh battery.

October 2014
Release Date
Reviews