• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

daldude

Jul 7, 2013
Is it normal for the charger to get real hot so hot that it is almost untouchable but there is no smell of burning or something being hot? My charger gets very hot so much it is almost untouchable I know it is normal for a charger to get hot because my cheap X10 Tablet charger gets hot but not as hot as the charger for My Asus charger gets. I have the official Asus charger and not a off brand or even a OEM.

That's usually a sign that something is running a lot and using a lot of CPU. No, it's not normal.

What happens if you leave it plugged in but power down your device? Does it still get hot?

FWIW, I tried other 2 amp chargers and they don't work as well on this, usually charging just the tablet and not the dock if plugged in overnight (8 hours).

Upvote 0
Yes it still gets hot even if I power the tablet down and then charge it when it is off.
I don't have a dock just the Tablet.

That's usually a sign that something is running a lot and using a lot of CPU. No, it's not normal.

What happens if you leave it plugged in but power down your device? Does it still get hot?

FWIW, I tried other 2 amp chargers and they don't work as well on this, usually charging just the tablet and not the dock if plugged in overnight (8 hours).

Upvote 0
Yes I am referring to the black brick that plugs into the wall and it is a official Asus charger and not a off brand and I don't have a Dock only the Tablet.

Are you referring to the brick that plugs into the wall? Mine also get quite hot, but that's probably because it has a higher current rating than most dc adapters in order to help charge both the tablet and keyboard in a relatively quick manner.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones