1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Charger issue. Not actually charging?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by MaxRavenclaw, Apr 6, 2016.

1. MaxRavenclaw

MaxRavenclaw Lurker
    None

Apr 6, 2016
    Male
    I've got some strange symptoms when charging with a particular charger. More exactly, I have one 5V 2A wall charger, original from Samsung, and a cheap USB to MicroUSB wire. This is what happened:

1. I charged my Lenovo Tab 2 A7 one evening up to 100%, then unplugged it for the night. The following morning it was dead and wouldn't start up. First thought it was that it got bricked somehow, but it turned out the batter actually died. I charged it at work (with another charger) and it worked fine from there on.

2. Using the same charger, I charged my Samsung Galaxy S4. This time I charged it at lunch and I could see the battery dying very fast over the rest of the day until I recharged it the evening with another charger. I presume that the same thing happened with the tablet, only that I didn't see it discharge overnight.

Does anyone have any idea what could cause this? I presume that it is the adapter's fault.

Probably unrelated, my Galaxy S4 has the tendency to show me a certain percent for the battery when I close it, only to go up 2 or 3 percents when I open it again after twenty minutes. I think this has to do with me not updating my Android for a while, though.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Advertisement

2. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Android Expert
    None

Feb 3, 2011
    Male
    Retired and loving it.
    Oklahoma grasslands
    with you verifying the situation with other chargers, I would say you have isolated a bad charger

Chargers have a regulator that is "supposed to work with" the phone's charger regulator...
    they can become damaged and force the phone charger to indicate 100% prematurely.

when I get that type of problem, I just throw out the suspect charger.
    new ones are cheap.

3. MaxRavenclaw

MaxRavenclaw Lurker
    None

Apr 6, 2016
    Male
    So it's the charger, not the wire. I hope it didn't do any permanent damage to my phone. Problem is, chargers here are bit expensive, and can be around 20 euros each (5V 2A). A Fast charger is even more expensive. Well, guess I'll have to pay one.

Thanks for the info.