• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Charger Problem

Ok guys, i read something about this before but ive done some messing around with my phone and think i found what may be the problem....

I was using a motorola droid charger to attempt to charge my inc. I would allow the phone to charge while powered off for about 20 mins. I turn the phone on and it has about 20% or so charge. So I start messing with the phone (running apps and things) and after like 3 mins, the phone would just shut off....battery died. What ive been having to do is, shut my phone off and allow it to charge until it completes.

So even if the battery has juice and the charger is plugged in while im using it, it will still drain and eventually die. This has happened multiple times.
So what I did today is look at the chargers and see what the output is. My motorola droid charger puts out 850mA. My friend bought the EVO and its charger puts out 1.0A. I plugged my phone into that charger and of course, the phone starts actually charging while the phone is powered on.

Im no expert on this, but it makes sense to me. The Moto charger doesnt put out enough power to keep up with consumption of the phone, so it will eventually die.

So correct me if im wrong please :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones