1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Accessories Charger question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gregs887, Feb 21, 2011.

1. gregs887

gregs887 Android Enthusiast

I apologize if this has been covered before, my google-fu is weak today. I was wondering if there was a wall charger option that worked like the usb. What I mean is that when charging via usb either from my car or computer, the charge seems to last much longer than if I charge through the wall outlet. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but this is because there is less power flowing through the usb leading to a more even and steady charge right? So I guess what I am looking for is a wall charger that puts out less power than the one that came with the phone. Does someone make something like this for our phones? Thanks!

Advertisement

2. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Android Expert

Lots of wall chargers will output at less than 1000mah. Just google for it. Things made for Apple products may not as they've been outputting at 1000mah for a long time.

It might be that it seems longer, but I did my own timing tests with wall vs usb-pc when I first got my Evo last June. Bottomline - within minutes of each other 100% of the time. It was never worth the additional charge time it took for just a few extra minutes of use.

I solved the additional want time by getting a 3500mah battery from Seidio. Added a little bulk, but that wasn't my concern. My phone is my #1 device so I use it very heavily (phone, surfing, streaming, music, document creation/sharing, a few photos, emailing/texting). I can now make it through ANY day of use and most commonly 2 days with moderate use before recharge.

The extended battery drops from 100% to 90% about the same as regular battery, but it holds from 90-50% for a full day most of the time. Only ever have gotten to 30% once with regular use. Just charge on Sun, Tues, and Fridays now.

gregs887 likes this.
  3. gregs887

gregs887 Android Enthusiast

Thanks for the info.

Tags: