1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Charger Question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by scrubby, Jan 24, 2014.

1. scrubby

scrubby Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 21, 2013
    California
    When my phone is turned off and I plug in the charger, the phone turns on completely. If I turn it off, it completely restarts.
    I returned an Anker charger set for doing this and the Naztech I have does it with the OEM cable. I tried a Samsung charger and it doesn't do it.
    My fear is that the chargers are leaking voltage onto the data lines. Has anyone else run into this?

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    Even if they are, the data lines and the power lines are 5 volt lines, so noting gets damaged.

But what I suspect is that the short in the Samsung charger that identifies it as a real Samsung is missing in the other chargers.

3. scrubby

None

Dec 21, 2013
    California
    I still find it annoying that the phone gets turned on while charging. Sometimes I just want to charge the phone with it off.

4. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest
    None
    Perhaps you have "DAYDREAM" enabled while charging?
    (Settings > Display > Daydream)

Also, take a look at developer options (Settings > Developer Options). There's an option to have the phone never sleep while charging.

I don't think that these options should normally be triggered while the phone is already powered off, however, just for troubleshooting purposes, it wouldn't hurt to rule them out.

5. scrubby

None

Dec 21, 2013
    California
    Thanx. I turned off Daydream, but nothing changed. Looked for Developer Options under Settings but I don't have any Developer Options.

Figured out that the OEM cable turns on the phone when I plug it into a USB port on my computer as well.

6. Hook

Hook Ever since DU... ;-)

Mar 17, 2010
    Male
    Northern VA, USA
    In settings -> About phone tap the build number tile until the toast message says you are a developer (7 times I think). Then "Developer Options will appear in the settings menu.

scrubby likes this.
  7. scrubby

None

Dec 21, 2013
    California

Thanx! That was easy. Didn't find anything in there, but using my Naztech charger with the supplied cable doesn't turn on the phone, so all is good.

And thanx to all that responded!

Motorola Moto G (1st Gen)

The first generation Moto G was the released in November of 2013. The phone was the first in Motorola's new mid-range line that targeted the sweet spot between specs and pricing. It originally built for emerging markets, but also saw success as a low-priced Android phone option in other parts of the world. The Moto G 1st Gen features Features 4.5-inch LCD display, Snapdragon 400 processor, 16GB storage, 1GB RAM. 5MP rear/1.3MP front facing cameras, and a removable 2,070 mAh battery.