1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Charger That Quits When Battery Is Charged

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by seanof30306, Jun 11, 2021.

1. seanof30306

seanof30306 Newbie

OK, so I have an S7, but it's only about 2 years old.

The battery is discharging faster and faster, so I'm pretty sure it's time for a replacement.

I use a wireless USB charging cradle. Sometimes I've left the phone on there after the charge had reached 100%. I'm sure that's had something to do with the battery failing.

Is there a "smart" USB wireless cradle charger, or is that a feature only available in newer phones?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

It's the S7 itself that determines when charging is 100%. Basically when the front LED goes green, and the display shows 100%, charging is complete and the phone itself stops charging the battery, and won't overcharge even with the charging still connected.

Qi compatible wireless charging pads and cradles, determine if a device has been placed on them and the correct amount of power to supply to the device. But there's no way for them to determine the amount of charge in a device's battery AFAIK.

2 years for a phone battery? It all depends on how much the phone has been used of course, and YMMV. I've got a S7 here that was used daily for a year, and now very occasionally, and the battery is still good in it. Also I have a Huawei Mate10, that was used heavily for over 3 years. and the it's showing a permanent "Battery health is deteriorating" notification warning now, however I never noticed any increased discharge with it. I probably will get the Huawei battery changed, because I still use that phone as a remote control zapper for TV, Android Box and the air-con. And it no longer has a SIM in it.

#2 mikedt, Jun 11, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
    ocnbrze, Dannydet and puppykickr like this.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S7 release date was March 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 8890 Octa processor, and 3000mAh battery.

March 2016
Release Date
Reviews