• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

charger

reader

Jan 6, 2011
hello!

I would like a as portable as possible charger in the form of key chain/ring (or that can be adjusted to key chain/ring)

I also would like it to be solar (if it works adequately), to be able to power from wall and from car

any idea?

thanks!

Honestly spare battery is your best bet. Radio shack (US) & Maplins (UK) sell all kinds of chargers but they'll not be as good as second battery or mains charger.

Solar needs to be big or they'll be too slow; I think one of the best I've seen is the Powermonkey range which some have solar panels, some with chargeable battery, some with both (I think the solar charges it's own battery for you to use later, & you can charge it on the mains too). These will be considerably larger & more expensive than a keyfob option.

The shops mentioned above usually sell keyfob chargers such as AAA or AA battery powered ones, but they're only good for emergency charge for a few calls.

Upvote 0
hello!

I would like a as portable as possible charger in the form of key chain/ring (or that can be adjusted to key chain/ring)

I also would like it to be solar (if it works adequately), to be able to power from wall and from car

any idea?

thanks!

While it's not small, the SunLeaf Pro is a handy Solar Charger. I recently did a review on the product. Android Waypoint: SunLeaf Pro review.

Sorry mods if this violates the rules, I thought it was valid.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones