• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LS1

Apr 12, 2010
MicroUSB Correct?

There should be no reason that I need to buy an HTC Branded charger, right (ala, stupid iPad charging). I was about to pull the trigger on a car charger, couple USB/MicroUSB Cables, and a few wall chargers to keep around, but thought I'd check.

Thanks.

No EVO yet (pre-ordered), but I've had zero problems charging 2 cell phones (Samsung Moment and Samsung m520) and 2 bluetooth earpieces off of a standard USB desktop hub. I did make sure to get a hub with a beefier power supply (2amp).

What's nice about using the hub with short (6 inch) cables is that there's less cable mess than having four seperate wall warts with long cables of their own. You can buy MicroUSB cables for around a dollar a piece at Monoprice.com

Reactions: devobail
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones