1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Charging/battery problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Yatezy, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Yatezy

Yatezy Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 10, 2012
    Got a bit of problem here and hoping someone has some ideas.

My phone is 'almost' refusing to charge. Im on charger number 3 this week, two have been 1A chargers and the latest addition is a 2A charger. My previous charger was a 2A charger with a plug in USB cable that has done its business well for months now but was getting a bit knocked about, before i binned it i installed Boefla kernel and ticked the 'ignore unstable current option' and this worked for a night.

I bought my first charger last night and that worked fine, even showing that i was getting a 1000mA flow through it (been using the Galaxy charging app to monitor flow). This morning that failed miserably on me and in act of self defense I bent the USB part of the cable :p

At this point i was assuming my battery had thrown its hand in so ive gone out and bought a new battery and a new charger. Put my new battery in and my phones boots up, try the new charger and nothing. The now 'old' bent charger stll gives it a bit of a charge but keeps cutting off. So i thought it was the new charger being cheap and nasty so have bought a 2A charger and again nothing.

I would go with the option that part that charges my phone is broken but my GFs Nokia Lumia charger is charging it back up as we speak, so im a little bit confused!?

Can anyone enlighten me?

Advertisement

2. Yatezy

None

Sep 10, 2012
    tldr;

Phone doesnt charge
    Bought new charger, that failed
    Bought new battery and charger. Battery works, charger doesnt.
    Bought new charger, again nothing.
    Phone being charged up by missus' Lumia charger at the minute

:thinking:

3. Yatezy

None

Sep 10, 2012
    Semi solved this. Went to a Samsung counter and the women in the store thinks that my phones USB port looks burnt slightly, maybe it has been shorted out.

She thinks the reason some of the chargers ain't working is something to do with the 'burn' so they ain't fully connecting.

Also something she mentioned, which might be of use to someone, apparently if you are using none Samsung accessories and Samsung judge these to be the cause of the damage then they will void your warranty.

funkylogik likes this.