• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Charging Clock

dabears900

Jun 21, 2010
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to setup my incredible so that when I plug in my charger and lock the phone on my night stand it will continue to display the time or even the time and weather (similar to the HTC widget.)

If that is not possible maybe someone could recommend a good desktop clock app that would have weather/alarm/clock/dimmed display

thanks!!

Kaloer Clock. You can set it to come on during certain times and also require it to be plugged in/charging when you do. Variable look and brightness. Overall, really nice. I've tried others, and wish I could find one with weather but so far, they all have issues (such as not turning off the backlights of the dedicated buttons at the bottom of the phone). Bedside Clock app is promising weather but I won't bother trying until it's added (it costs $1.99 whereas Kaloer Clock is free). Also, I've contacted the developer of Kaloer clock on a couple of different occasions and he's not failed to respond. So I was impressed.

You can click on the HTC clock widget and use the built in desk clock. You can also click the icon at the bottom when you do and it will give you a very simple dimmed clock that can change orientation but overall, I was happier with Kaloer. I can't believe that HTC couldn't build in that functionality to the phone...

Upvote 0
Kaloer Clock. You can set it to come on during certain times and also require it to be plugged in/charging when you do. Variable look and brightness. Overall, really nice. I've tried others, and wish I could find one with weather but so far, they all have issues (such as not turning off the backlights of the dedicated buttons at the bottom of the phone). Bedside Clock app is promising weather but I won't bother trying until it's added (it costs $1.99 whereas Kaloer Clock is free). Also, I've contacted the developer of Kaloer clock on a couple of different occasions and he's not failed to respond. So I was impressed.

You can click on the HTC clock widget and use the built in desk clock. You can also click the icon at the bottom when you do and it will give you a very simple dimmed clock that can change orientation but overall, I was happier with Kaloer. I can't believe that HTC couldn't build in that functionality to the phone...

Kaloer clock works great!! thanks! the only issue is that the softkeys remain lit. Have you run in to any issues with this for the HInc

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones