1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Charging is terrible after update

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by t_stizzle, Jun 25, 2017.

1. t_stizzle

t_stizzle Lurker

Hi I hate to make this my first post but I gotta do what I gotta do.....

Samsung
    Note 5
    Android version 7.0
    Not rooted

Received an update about 3 weeks ago. Immediately after update my fast charging was non-existent. If my phone is on 20% I can plug it and it says between 5 and 6 hours to fully charge. Before the update it would charge in 45 minutes. Now if I use the phone I have to keep it plugged in the whole time because once you get behind on charging it won't catch up. The only way it will get ahead on charging is if you don't touch it for 5 hours. I've tried many adapters and many charging cables (all would fast charge before). If I'm using the phone and have it plugged in, it would use power faster than it can charge.

I was thinking maybe the update caused a power intensive app to run in background like Waze. I couldn't find anything as my data would have been crazy. Plus I'd hate to see the bill if it was because I was in Europe the last 2 weeks.

So now I have a portable phone that's not portable. I have to have it plugged in at all times and if I'm mobile, I have to carry around a giant battery pack. This happened immediately after my last update.

Thanks for any help!!!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download