1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Charging issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by onlymoives, Sep 3, 2011.

1. onlymoives

onlymoives Lurker

This is the second infuse i got after replacing the first one. My phone takes 1 hr to charge for 20% resulting total 5 hrs to get it charged from 0 to 100%. Few of my friends are able to charge in an hour from 0 to 100. I tried all sort of settings like 0% brightness 15 sec screen timeout. still no improvement.

Yesterday i got the new phone, and as of now I didn't installed any apps. I have only the default apps. Still it is taking 1 hr to charge for 20%. Am I doing anything wrong.

Can you help me why i am having this issue, i should return this phone too?? I liked other features of this phone, except this charging issue.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Extreme Android User

Are you using the supplied cable and wall charger?
    when they replaced the phone did they replace the cable and wall charger?
    did they replace the battery?

3. onlymovies.db

onlymovies.db Newbie

I am using the cable and wall charger that I got with the phone. I got an additional wall charger from ATT. Both of them are behaving in the same way.

When they replaced the phone, they just replaced the phone. I am using the same battery and same cable and wall charger.

But I already changed the battery once.

So almost like I used 2 different phones, 2 different battery and 2 different cables, still its behaving same way. so what could be the problem?

4. onlymovies.db

onlymovies.db Newbie

I lost my old password, so i got this new account.

just before posting this, i charged my phone, while my phone is switched off.

in 1 hr, it charged from 19 to 66 % ie, 47% in 1 hour.

5. BadFishCM

BadFishCM Well-Known Member

This phone definitely takes a while to Charge. When I was running stock Froyo it took about 3 hours to fully charge, but when I flashed a custom rom it only takes about an hour And a half. 47% in one hour is regular. 20% though, that doesn't seem right.

I'm pretty sure this is a common flaw with froyo.

6. onlymovies.db

onlymovies.db Newbie

47% in an hour is when phone is completely switched off. when its on its taking 20%.

3 hours for fully charging, I am fine with that, but 5 hours, i cannot digest that..

7. BadFishCM

BadFishCM Well-Known Member

Yeah then you're definitely having some sort of strange issue. I'll dig around see if I can find some tips.

8. onlymovies.db

onlymovies.db Newbie

my question is last 2 different phones and 2 different batteries are behaving same way, so is it problem with my settings?

Samsung Infuse 4G Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews