1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Charging Issues?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Hypo Luxa, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Hypo Luxa

Hypo Luxa Android Enthusiast
    None

May 12, 2010
    Earth
    Has anyone run into issues when phone plugged into charger or USB? I recently developed an issue where when I plug it in either a charger or to my PC it now gets all wonky. It will flip to another screen, become terribly slow, lock intermittently while something FCs, wont change screens, and takes much longer than it used to to charge. Also the other day, my SD Card ended up going south and I had an impossible time trying to format it until I rebooted. Now, things like Slacker is telling I have less than 500mb available.. which is wrong since I have over 5gb available.

Thinking bad app or OS gone south I reloaded ROM, same issues, then tried 2 other ROMs all with same issue. Phone seems to work ok unplugged except the battery drains like insane when phone is even sleeping now. I dont get it. This all started like 2 or 3 weeks ago.

Any ideas whats going on? I have to leave it plugged into my PC at work or my battery will be dead before the day is through, but its kinda impossible to use while it's acting all weird. I even tried a different USB cable and it did the same thing. Kinda stuck with this till December.... :(

Advertisement

2. doogald

doogald Android Expert
    None

Jan 7, 2010
    I think that's a pretty common issue. The USB connector is mounted just under the trackball and the connector can affect te trackball so that it does that when the USB connector is being used.

Ideas, just thinking outside the envelope:

- buy a spare battery and a battery charger. Seidio sells a battery charger that will charge a battery in a sleeve. See Amazon.com: Seidio Multi-Function Battery Charger for Use with HTC Droid Incredible, HTC EVO 4G, Droid Eris and Touch Pro 2: Cell Phones & Accessories (if you look lower they also bundle it with an OEM battery for the Incredible, which will fit the Eris.)

- buy a 3500 mAh extended battery: Amazon.com: Seidio Innocell 3500 mAh Extended Life Battery for HTC Droid Eris: Cell Phones & Accessories

- consider listening to slacker on your PC rather than your phone, or buy an iPod Shuffle for music?

3. Hypo Luxa

Hypo Luxa Android Enthusiast
    None

May 12, 2010
    Earth
    Thanks for the reply doogald. Actually I just upgraded to a Droid X2, so I fixed the fixed the problem.. permanently. hehe

I have learned an incredible amount about these phones from you and and a few others and I REALLY appreciate all the times you helped me. When I came here when I first got my Eris, I was completely new to the smart phone world, and now I feel like I know more than half the employees at Verizon. Hopefully I see ya around the forums man!

So long and thanks for all the fish!