1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Charging light flashing/solid

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by noodle15, Aug 11, 2010.

1. noodle15

noodle15 Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Michigan
    Ok I have read to let the battery drain all the way, turn off the device and charge until the indicator flashes and remains solid.. I have never seen it flash to charge or even remain solid when fully charged.???? What should I do?
    Should I go to try to get a new Battery?

Advertisement

2. OrderFromChaos

OrderFromChaos Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2010
    SoCal
    Sorry, but what "indicator" are you speaking of? I don't remember seeing any light whatsoever on my phone or charger when it's plugged in.

BTW, you shouldn't full drain the battery. Li-ion batteries do not have the memory effect as older types of batteries.

3. noodle15

noodle15 Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Michigan
    The notification light that is green. I keep reading that it should stay fully lit when the phone is off charging and it reaches a full status.

4. Paycer

Paycer Android Enthusiast

There is a notification LED at the top of the phone. It's slightly to the left of the analog speaker that's used when making phone calls.

5. OrderFromChaos

Jul 21, 2010
    SoCal
    OK, I never heard that so that's why I was wondering what light you were talking about. I even checked my charger for a light. :)

6. OrderFromChaos

Jul 21, 2010
    SoCal
    Thanks, just wasn't sure about what light he was mentioning since I always heard there was no indication of charging when it's plugged in.

7. Rick607

Rick607 Member

May 25, 2010
    Sales
    Upstate, New York
    From what I have read a complete discharge should only be done about once a month, and is only for calibration. As stated above the battery will not develop a memory from being charged before it is fully drained, they actually could suffer some damage from repeatedly running them below a certain level.

As for a solid light... I charge my phone over night and always wake up to a 100% fully charged battery. I can't say I have seen the indicator light continuously lit and have never been concerned with it either and my battery works great.

8. 2horses

2horses Android Enthusiast

May 11, 2010
    New Braunfels, TX
    One of the main things users howled about when the phone first hit was the lack of a visible charging indicator. Basically, the blue LED flashes when you have a notification, but has nothing to do with charging status. Sorry.

9. gtmike

gtmike Newbie

Jul 14, 2010
    I think you're confusing the notification LED with the battery image that is displayed when charging your phone while the phone is turned off.

10. mister_jerry

mister_jerry Lurker

Aug 17, 2010
    Lewiston, ID
    Speaking of the notification LED; does that thing stop flashing after x many minutes or is a person stuck with it blinking until you check your message? If not possible, is there workaround app I can use to force the LED to stop after a certain amount of minutes?

11. dequardo

dequardo Android Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2009
    It will stop after 5 min. using the stock Android settings. You can turn them off totally if you want. Simply uncheck them.