• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Charging light

today is the first time I noticed this, about the charging LED.

I plugged in my husbands HTC EVO shift 4g to charge and the LED (that normally glows amber to show it's charging) is repeatedly blinks amber, then green.

I unplugged it from the charger, then plugged it in again & it did the same thing. So far I know that this isnt normal... unless an update made it different?

anyone else got a clue?

thx every1,
Alana

question:
blinking orange then blinks green then repeats? or blinks orange then it goes green and stays on?

2 possible ideas:
1. i have no idea if the phone will actually do this or not, but if the battery is close to being dead it kicks off the blinking orange. if you get a message it blinks green. will it do one then the other when the battery is that low? if so that may be whats going on.
2. the battery is possibly toast.

Upvote 0
question:
blinking orange then blinks green then repeats? or blinks orange then it goes green and stays on?

2 possible ideas:
1. i have no idea if the phone will actually do this or not, but if the battery is close to being dead it kicks off the blinking orange. if you get a message it blinks green. will it do one then the other when the battery is that low? if so that may be whats going on.
2. the battery is possibly toast.

blinks orange then green and repeats...

I know if the batt is low, it will blink orange only. but this issue didnt repeat itself after I rebooted my phone.

maybe an HTC hiccup lol...

Upvote 0
same here, it blinks like this if you try to charge it while it is too hot. it's designed to do that to tell you to unplug it, let it cool, then charge when it's cool enough.

charging a battery that is too hot can cause an explosion, or fire, hence the warning flashes. also, the phone will not accept a charge while doing this warning flash, for extra precautionary measure. so let it also be a warning that it isnt even charging :p

Upvote 0
Fixed my EVO blinking amber/orange light by changing the charging cable; I saw this suggestion on another post. My Evo would not turn on or charge whether plugged into my computer via USB or into a wall outlet. After plugging in with an extra charging cable I had, the amber/orange light blinked a few times and then became solid. At this point my Evo was able to be powered on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones