• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help charging notification

emcube

Nov 3, 2009
is there a way to disable this charging notification feature? it wasn't a big deal in the beginning, but since i need to charge my phone constantly to last the entire day, it has become an issue. I know I can turn my notification off or change it to vibration but then I'll miss all my alerts and reminders from other apps. any apps out there can simply turn this feature off?

I found this very annoying as well. Especially at work when I'm backstage and supposed to be quiet. What I did to solve this problem is to set my system notification ringtone to one called 'silent'. This solved the plug in notification problem.
Then, opening the individual apps that you WANT notifications from, just set them in the apps menu/settings/notifications menu. As far as I know, this is the only way to use different ringtones for different apps.

Upvote 0
is there a way to disable this charging notification feature? it wasn't a big deal in the beginning, but since i need to charge my phone constantly to last the entire day, it has become an issue. I know I can turn my notification off or change it to vibration but then I'll miss all my alerts and reminders from other apps. any apps out there can simply turn this feature off?

I can't believe you have not read (and followed the directions) on the "possible battery quirk" thread if you are having such battery issues.
Bet ya, that if you did 2 cycles of full discharge then full charge you would not feel like you had to charge your phone constantly... The phone has an awesome battery.. It is just the power meter that needs to be calibrated..

Upvote 0
I can't believe you have not read (and followed the directions) on the "possible battery quirk" thread if you are having such battery issues.
Bet ya, that if you did 2 cycles of full discharge then full charge you would not feel like you had to charge your phone constantly... The phone has an awesome battery.. It is just the power meter that needs to be calibrated..

This thread isn't about his charging habits. His question is a relevant one. ANd the answer would help many.

Upvote 0
I found this very annoying as well. Especially at work when I'm backstage and supposed to be quiet. What I did to solve this problem is to set my system notification ringtone to one called 'silent'. This solved the plug in notification problem.
Then, opening the individual apps that you WANT notifications from, just set them in the apps menu/settings/notifications menu. As far as I know, this is the only way to use different ringtones for different apps.

This is the method that works for DD10 2.1 (SD Card unchecked still sounds when plugging/unplugging)

Upvote 0
Ya, I have this same problem (as does everyone else with 2.1 DD10), and still trying to figure out the best short-term solution. Without researching it too much, what exactly falls into the 'Notifications' category? I use Handcent for SMS (stock Messaging and Google Voice notifications turned off)and Gmail Notifier for my, well.. Gmail notifications (dur). Not relevant, but I use Klaxon for my alarm clock. I've got this fear that turning off notifications or setting them to silent will affect something I need, but now that i'm reading what I wrote, it doesn't seem like it will. Anyone want to chime in on that?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones