1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Charging paused. Battery temperature too high

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Azord, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Azord

Azord Lurker

A while ago, my phone started acting like my power button was being held down. It would constantly restart, and I found I couldn't keep it on long enough to do anything. I found a short in the power switch, ordered a new part, and replaced it. It "works" fine now.

However, now i have a new problem, I can't charge my battery. I have
    1. Wiped the cache
    2. Factory reset my phone
    3. Tried other charging cables/adapters
    4. Rooted my phone, and changes the block charge during high temperatures option under systems/csc/features to false
    5. changed batteries
    6. updated firmware (using preinstalled tools, but I might use Odin next).

For now, I have been externally charging my battery, but this is infuriating. The battery is room temperature. Is there any way to re calibrate this sensor,or is there a part to replace?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. hatredg0d

hatredg0d Well-Known Member

Another user removed his power switch and got a message about the temp being to low.. He did find a way to bypass it to charge, however it is extremely dangerous and its only a matter of time before your phone will explode if you do it (could even be on first charge).

Get an external charger or a new phone!! You are having multiple hardware problems from the sound of it, I vote new phone.

If you want to try the dangerous method you can find it here, seriously USE WITH CAUTION!! DO NOT use this method overnight!! IMMEDIATELY unplug if you feel its warmer then normal! Damage to the battery now means it can explode later to! These are serious warnings! This is not a solution this is a risky bypass of safety measures.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews