1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Charging port lose and won't charge

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by adrianmuniz325, Dec 4, 2012.

1. adrianmuniz325

adrianmuniz325 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2012
    My charging port is lose and I have to hold the charger or move it around and sometimes wrap it around the phone. How can I fix this? My sprint rep told me that sprint will not fix it cuz they can not sauder. I was thinking about getting the powermat recever door but unsure if it will work. I already have an extra battery and charger to have 2 batteries. I really just needing a cheap and easy fix until after January so I can upgrade.

Advertisement

2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±

Sep 10, 2010
    Male
    N/W Indiana
    Well, he is correct about the solder thing. While there are usb/charging ports to be had online, they are small and if you are not comfortable de-soldering, then resoldering electronics to a circuit board, then my suggestion is to hang in there until your upgrade. :)

About the powermat/charger thing, I dont know how much they are but imho, don't waste your money if you only have less than a month until upgrade.

So as far as a cheap, easy fix for a loose port, I don't think there is one:(

3. tube517

tube517 Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2010
    USA
    Have the same issue on my spare EVO. I use an external charger and switch out the batteries once charged. Get a cheap ext.charger/extra battery combo online. Since the phone still works, this is your best option.

argedion, ocnbrze and Mikestony like this.
  4. adrianmuniz325

Oct 26, 2012

Well I already have the powermat I ordered the resever door off amzon for like $4 so hopefully this works better

5. adrianmuniz325

Oct 26, 2012
    So I got the reciver door and it connects to the powermat but no my phone go figure. So does anyone know how to mod it to were I can take the stickers off and put it on my evo back and stright to the battery

6. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Well-Known Member

May 4, 2010
    I thing Powermats still charge through the port, don't they? Try looking for a Qi certified charging cover that directly charges the battery. You might have to mod something. Powermat is not Qi certified though. Energizer makes a cover and charger, but you will need at least the first connection to your usb port to work. Once it's on, you charge through a different usb charge cable connection built into the cover.

Mikestony likes this.
Tags: