1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Charging port melted while charging.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by brackett5, Jun 10, 2011.

1. brackett5

brackett5 Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 6, 2009
    I was charging my DC in the verizon bought car charger when I got a message on the phone saying the phone was too hot and was ending charge mode. I took it off plugged it right back in and the message came up again. I took it off and left it off for about 15 minutes. I plugged it back in and didnt get the message so I left it plugged in. I went to take it off to see that the message had popped back up and so I took it off and made a call when I did I had noticed that the phone had felt funny, when I looked I noticed the plastic on the outside of the charging port had melted. Ever since I noticed weird things on the phone. Now I dont know if the "weird things" are due to the overheating, but the puzzle lock screen looks different. Instead of the date and time being stacked its now together at the bottim and it says phone locked above it. I thought maybe it had updated my phone on its own so when I looked for an update it still said I can update to teh ED2. I dont know what has happened. I shut it off and turned it back on and it still has the same different lock screen. Nothing im really worried about guess just wondering if anyone has had theirs overheat like that???

Advertisement

2. Grizzld

Grizzld Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 9, 2009
    No, that is not normal but happens sometimes with aftermarket accessories. Take the charger and Charge back to Verizon and have them swap BOTH out. I would imagine they won't give you any problems.