• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Charging problem S3

I too am having this issue. I also tried charging the phone while its off to no avail... I am sure its a charging port issue. The funny thing is, I took my s3 in to the provider and they are currently replacing the charging port, yet, i took my wife's s3 instead on an international trip, and its doing the same thing now..

Sooo frustrating...

Upvote 0
Okay. I don't have an S3, but I am also having charging issues with my S2 Skyrocket. But my charging issues are related to only certain types of power sources, like the DC ports in Toyota cars. I have run into other people that have phones that will charge from one electrical outlet in their house but not another, or will charge from their computer, but not a car DC or and AC outlet. So far this problem seems to be to be relegated to samsung phones. It seems (and this is just a guess) that some kind of electrical noise (interference) on the power source line is causing the phones to stop charging or go into trickle charge mode. It could be a hardware issue, but most likely it is a firmware issue.

In this is not a solution, but it is a work around that has worked from me. I bought a wall charger for my phones battery. Here is a link to the kit I bought (only mine was of a 1727 and not and S3). It includes two 2200mAh batteries and a wall charger. These batteries and charger have worked great for me so far. Here is the link. Hope this helps.

Amazon.com: Anker

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones