1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Charging Problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Matt Griffin, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Matt Griffin

Matt Griffin Lurker

I have a Moto E4. When I plug it in to charge, the charging indicator on the bottom of my lock screen will spam the word "Charging" making me think that there is not a constant flow of power. Even when I get it to stay "Charging" it charges very slow. I have tried five different cords and wall plugs so I don't think that is the problem. Anyone got any solutions?

2. svim

svim Extreme Android User

Please state what power adapter are you using. It's the charger that provides the power to recharge the battery, if you're using an older 5 watt adapter (5 volt, 1 amp) that will be a limiting factor. Most newer power adapters are now at least 10 watt (5 volt, 2 amp).
    Just to get a sense of scale, an E4 has a 2800 mAh battery (or 2.8 amp/hour) so, to split hairs, even a 2 amp charger will be putting out a slightly less than optimal amount of power to be in parity with battery's capacity, but practically is adequate for most situations.

But if you do have an at least 10w power adapter, has this problem been happening for a while now or did it just start happening recently? If recently, have you restarted your phone? A reboot often solves a lot of one-off glitchy problems.
    A plus point with an E4 is has a user-replaceable battery if that becomes a last resort option.

ThePhizzle likes this.

Motorola Moto E4 Forum

The Motorola Moto E4 release date was June 2017. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, MT6737 processor, and 2800mAh battery.

June 2017
Release Date
Reviews