1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Charging Problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by quantamsoul, Jul 30, 2011.

1. quantamsoul

quantamsoul Lurker
    None

Jul 30, 2011
    Hello guys my problem is charging my T-Mobile Samsung Vibrant. When i plug in the AC charger my battery app says charging failed and then discharging. I also do not see the charge icon at the battery logo. The problem seems to be fixed every single time i restart the phone. After restarting and plugging once it will charge but when you try to charge it again it will not do anything and not charge. The charger seems fine as it can still charge perfectly. But i find it weird that restarting the phone solves the problem and it gets really annoying to have to restart everyday.
    Thus, i am wondering if it is a battery problem or something worse?

Thank you.

Advertisement

2. the1who

the1who Well-Known Member
    None

May 26, 2010
    Avionics Tech
    Kansas
    It would appear that some system program is being stopped during the time between a restart? I have had some issues lately that the system process android core or android settings, had to do a FC on, but it never stopped, it kept reporting FC until I rebooted, I expect it to be similar. If the problem acts up, if you're still under warranty, take it to a store while in same condition to have the representative setup the exchange instead of dealing with the hassles on the phone. I was just up there today because my ear speaker seems to have blown or something, it has an awful vibration when there is audio present. Sad, it was one of my better phones to date, I really hate starting over.

3. quantamsoul

quantamsoul Lurker
    None

Jul 30, 2011
    That is possibly true. I do believe something is interfering with the connection. Sadly I don't have a warranty anymore so I was thinking of a factory reset?